Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yvonne Williamson Myrick on The Fraziers



I'm writing to tell what I know of the Frazier's home; this home seems to always pick its owner. Before my parents brought the home my mom, Victoria Williamson, kept having a dream every night of an old women in a bed with a green headboard. My parents were living in California at the time. My grandfather, Arthur Williamson, had helped Mr. Frazier set up rules for Frazier Estates and helped with dividing the lots up years before.

Apparently, Mrs. Frazier had a dream that Mom was to have the farmhouse. So, Mr. Frazier contacted my grandfather and told him that Karlton and Victoria were to have the house and to contact them. When my parents came back to see Mr. and Mrs. Frazier, she was ill and was in a bed upstairs. The bed had a copper head board that had turned green. My mom had found the woman she kept dreaming about. Mr. Frazier told my parents he would sell it to them for whatever they could afford. We lived there until my parents built their home in Frazier Estates around 1968.

About sixteen years ago, I started dreaming of that house. The way I fixed it is what I saw in these dreams. So, fifteen years ago I brought it from my Father.

Also, Mr. Frazier told my grandfather that the reason he wanted to divide his property up was because when the Black men came back from World War II, nice neighborhoods like Arlington would not sell to Blacks. Even though they had served their country, they still could not raise their families in nice neighborhoods. Mr. Frazier decided he'd divide the property in one acre lots so these young men could build nice homes with some land for their families.

Originally, Mr. Frazier was going to put a small store on the front of his property for the neighborhood he was developing. A man (and I don't remember the name) came and begged Mr. Frazier for a lot, but they were all spoken for. So he finally agreed to sell him the front acre. The man, for whatever reason, did not build, but sold the acre to Mr. Early. Even though the lots were spoken for, not everyone brought the lots that they said they would. That's why there were three lots that didn't develop until later.

No comments: